Monday, May 2, 2011

Go make your life worth loving

I read this last week and it's sticking with me. I do love my life. I have a great family, great husband, and kid. I live below my means and I'm almost out of debt. My house was a great deal and I have no intention of moving any time soon (even though my neighbors suck!). My point is, I have enough. I am loved and sheltered and fed.
It's not that I'm unhappy, I just feel like I could be giving so much more-to myself and to others. The thing is...I'm so tired of hearing people complain. Something has clicked inside of me and I'm done with the complaining. I see all that I have vs what I don't have and I'm content. Then I wonder, should I be content? Should I strive for more? Not material possessions more, but more spirituality, more volunteer work, more weight loss? Is it ok to be content? God, if I could lose these 100 lbs, seriously, I don't know who I would be. As much as I love my life now, I couldn't imagine it if I could actually keep up. If I could actually sky dive, horseback ride, run, bike, etc. HRmmm...I know I'm rambling but this is how I think. Now off to think some more.

0 comments: