Monday, August 30, 2010
I believe that love makes us kinder.
I am constantly doing things behind the scenes for the people I love. They may or may not know it is me but I try to bring a little magic to everyone's life. I am also trying my best to extend this to strangers. Everyone can use a smile and you never know if that is the exact moment when they needed it most. I don't ever want to say or do anything that will disappoint my husband or child.
I believe that love makes us more patient than we ever thought possible
I easily answer 100 questions per day. I don't necessarily enjoy it but I know that it helps with growth and development. I can also take a deep breath and easily ride out a tantrum or anger riddled conversation. I never knew patience until I knew the love for a child.
I believe that love makes us brilliant
My best friend is currently doing on of the most brilliant things I've ever heard about all in the name of love. We should all love so much that we are able to put aside our fears and do something brilliant.
I believe that love makes us creative
Whether it be an inexpensive date night, a creative postcard, or a sexy text, love takes creativity. It's easy to be distracted by the day to day tasks but I think it is essential to a relationship that you creatively love. I enjoy painting with my son. I enjoy listening to the jokes that my husband comes up with just so he can tell me. I enjoy creating items for others and if I actually had any follow through people would be amazed.
Love makes you an advocate
I am a judger. I can't help it. I size up every situation and proceed with caution. I judge people based on their decisions and how it affects my life. However, I am learning to keep most of my opinions to myself because everyone deserves to live the life they need to live without me constantly correcting them. I will fight for you and what you want. I will also have your back.
Love makes you a better person
Our relationships are a mirror. They reflect back to us exactly what we put into them. If you make love your choice then love is reflected back. I am a better person because of those I love.
I believe more and more every day that love makes us brave.
I did a couple of things that I consider amazing there all because I love my son and I promised myself that this year would be about moving beyond my comfort zone.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
i have bad news.
i am not always right.
i do not always have the answers,
i can not always fix things.
i may not always know what to do.
but here is the good news: i will always try.
i will try because i want your way
to be simple.
i want your world to be safe.
i want your life to be filled with
goodness and grace.
all mothers want these things for their sons,
but mothers are not in charge.
so we fight however we can:
with our voices,
--jayne jaudon ferrer
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
When the a/c died again yesterday I didn't freak out for the first time ever. I just thought...well it's no worse than being at Chaa Creek...too bad I don't have a pool. Normally I would have gotten angry & would have taken it out on my hubby. I know it's completely irrational but I hate being hot. I hate sweating and I hate feeling like I'm melting.
It really wasn't bad last night & was actually kinda refreshing to sit around with the windows open and listen to the rain.
So the scale is not dropping as quickly as I would like for it too but now I know I'm doing something right.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
1. I believe that most people in the world are generally good, and that those who aren't are hurting or damaged or have been badly mistreated at some point in their lives. But I believe they can heal. I believe we all can.
2. I believe that everyone -- everyone -- is wildly, uncommonly beautiful. I believe that while it's usually extremely easy to see this in the people we love, it's often very difficult to see it in ourselves. But the beauty's there, man. It's definitely there.
3. I believe that dancing is the only activity we do for complete happiness.
4. I believe that goat cheese combined with figs is sublime.
5. I believe that all the major religions are really just different points of view on the same subject.
6. I believe in smiling at as many people as I can in a day.
7. I believe in planning menus and cooking at home. When my child tells me that lunchboxes come from the lunchbox store, clothes come from the clothes store, & food comes from home then I feel like I've won 1,000 times.
8. I believe there are few sounds more awesome than friends collapsed in helpless laughter -- especially if one of them snorts.
9. I believe that everyone has a theme song.
10. I believe in karma. I believe that you get back exactly what you put out there.
11. I believe in miracles. I am living proof.
12. I don't believe in voodoo. I feel too protected to be affected by it.
13. I believe in strolling.
14. I believe life is full of hilarious random occurrences.
15. I believe in long, eye opening, jaw dropping, life altering conversations.
16. I believe in comfortable silences.
17. I believe in traveling out of your comfort zone whether that be through literal travel or forcing yourself to go beyond your own expectations.
18. I believe in asking questions and listening when the questionee responds.
19. I believe you're stronger, smarter, kinder and more beautiful than you think.
20. I believe love always wins.
I have found a new blog that is making me fall in love with life. This list is borrowed from here and some things she writes are much more eloquent than what I can say. The italics are hers.