Friday, July 25, 2008

Food Friday-Chicken Divine

I normally have all of these ingredients on hand as regularly rotated staples.
You can use as much chicken or as much broccoli as you like. I happen to like broccoli a little too much. I also use reduced fat soup and 2% cheese

Chicken Divine

Ingredients

2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 32 oz bag frozen broccoli or 2-3 boxes of frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (Duke's is my preference here in the South)
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
curry to taste (or not)

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
3.Place broccoli in the bottom of baking dish.
4.Layer cooked, cubed chicken over broccoli.
5.In a med bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, mayo and cheddar cheese.
6.Spread over chicken mixture.
7.Sprinkle with more Parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper.
8.Bake for 30 mins, or until hot and bubbly.

Sometimes I just stir everything together and throw it in the casserole dish if I'm in a hurry. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or nothing at all.

4 comments:

Duckygirl

Mmmm, comfort food! I make one really similar the only addition is pasta of some sort; whatever I happen to have on hand.

Thanks for sharing!

Leslie

Hi I just saw your deals that you got at CVS....would you mind telling me how you do it?!!! If you have time you can email me

l.r.c.g@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Leslie

Michele @ Frugal Granola

This is definitely comfort food! A friend of ours always makes this for funeral dinners, and it is so good.

Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

elaine@bloginmyeye

I love this one. My kids do too.