Wednesday, August 4, 2010

20 things I believe

1. I believe that most people in the world are generally good, and that those who aren't are hurting or damaged or have been badly mistreated at some point in their lives. But I believe they can heal. I believe we all can.


2. I believe that everyone -- everyone -- is wildly, uncommonly beautiful. I believe that while it's usually extremely easy to see this in the people we love, it's often very difficult to see it in ourselves. But the beauty's there, man. It's definitely there.


3. I believe that dancing is the only activity we do for complete happiness.


4. I believe that goat cheese combined with figs is sublime.


5. I believe that all the major religions are really just different points of view on the same subject.


6. I believe in smiling at as many people as I can in a day.


7. I believe in planning menus and cooking at home. When my child tells me that lunchboxes come from the lunchbox store, clothes come from the clothes store, & food comes from home then I feel like I've won 1,000 times.


8. I believe there are few sounds more awesome than friends collapsed in helpless laughter -- especially if one of them snorts.


9. I believe that everyone has a theme song.


10. I believe in karma. I believe that you get back exactly what you put out there.


11. I believe in miracles. I am living proof.


12. I don't believe in voodoo. I feel too protected to be affected by it.


13. I believe in strolling.


14. I believe life is full of hilarious random occurrences.


15. I believe in long, eye opening, jaw dropping, life altering conversations.


16. I believe in comfortable silences.


17. I believe in traveling out of your comfort zone whether that be through literal travel or forcing yourself to go beyond your own expectations.


18. I believe in asking questions and listening when the questionee responds.


19. I believe you're stronger, smarter, kinder and more beautiful than you think.


20. I believe love always wins.


I have found a new blog that is making me fall in love with life. This list is borrowed from here and some things she writes are much more eloquent than what I can say. The italics are hers.

0 comments: