Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Giving-Day 5

I wrote a little note to be sent out today but I forgot to stick it in the mail so I figure that I have something set for giving tomorrow. So that meant that when I got home I had to find something to give. I had a really hard day and a late lunch so I had already decided that we would eat leftovers. However, when I got home I jumped in and started cooking so that I could give my little family a hot meal. So there we go. I totally put the needs of someone else before my own. That is a BIG deal. I know, I know, I'm a mom and I should always be thinking about others but sometimes I want to be selfish. I chose not to be today.
I'm really liking this challenge b/c it has made me get off my behind and do things that I would not normally do. It's also great for making me think of someone other than myself and to give selflessly just because I can. I think that when I'm done with this 29 days then I will go ahead and do another 29 just because it feels so good.

0 comments: