Monday, April 4, 2011

Restarting my life

I think I'm going to have to ignore that people I know read this thing. I really need to write down what is going on in my head as I restart my weight loss journey.
I think I found it this weekend. It being my motivation. I was watching my son at gymnastics and I started thinking about the example I set for him. I make sure that he exercises at least 45-60 minutes per day but I don't do the same for myself. I make him choose healthy snacks such as fruit, string cheese, and yogurt but I don't do the same for myself. Why do I treat my son like he is worth more than I am? It hit me this weekend that I am not a good example. I'm doing the same thing my parents did and I always resented them for it. "Do as I say, not as I do" was something my mom said to me time and time again. I hated that they weren't being the example of what they expected of me. I'm not going to be the same.
I'm taking it slow and easy. I had kept my weight off up until the last 2 months and I've gained 7 of the 37lbs I lost. I'm taking those off plus 53 more at least by my birthday in October. I'm making 7 goals a week and trying my absolute best to abide by those.

Goals for the week of April 4-10:
1) Drink 64oz of water per day
2) Walk around a lake twice this week
3) One other form of 30 minute exercise this week
4) Get a battery for my pedometer
5) Stay under 1750 calories per day this week
6) In bed by 11pm
7) Make a pot of steel cut oats for breakfasts this week

That should be simple enough to accomplish and keep me on track. Little goals, little steps, little by little it will come off.

0 comments: