Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekly check-in

Goals for the week of April 4-10:
1) Drink 64oz of water per day
2) Walk around a lake twice this week
3) One other form of 30 minute exercise this week
4) Get a battery for my pedometer
5) Stay under 1750 calories per day this week
6) In bed by 11pm
7) Make a pot of steel cut oats for breakfasts this week

Well I'd have to say that 5 out of 7 ain't bad for me. I knew I would have a problem with getting in bed by 11pm so that one stays for this week as well. Maybe I should change it to 1130pm because it is getting easier to do that. I do know that since I've been exercising, sleep has been so much better. Of course it sucks when your kid leaves his helium balloon in the room and you suddenly wake up from a horrible dream because you think helicopters are attacking you. In actuality it was just the ceiling fan hitting the balloon over and over again.

Walking around the lake twice this week wasn't met either and I'm ok with that. I walked around the neighborhood, took a yoga class, and circuit trained. By Saturday I was exhausted. I spent 3 hours shopping and prepping food for this next week. Our refrigerator has never looked so good. Packed to the gills with yogurt, hummus, homemade ranch dip, carrots, grapes, oranges, etc. Saturday afternoon I hit a wall and couldn't bring myself to do anything but fold laundry and make dinner. Good thing hubby came home and with his last burst of energy, vacuumed and straightened the living room.

Goals for April 11-17:
1) Get in bed by 1130pm
2) See the inside of the gym three times this week
3) Get the clutter (goodwill clothes) out of my bedroom
4) One walk around the lake this week
5) Take Monkeyface out this week for an activity with me
6) Stay under 1750 calories per day (on average)
7) 8 fruits & veggies per day

0 comments: