Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken

This is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. However, I try to take out as many unneeded calories as possible. The original recipe can be found here along with lots of pretty pictures of the cooking process.

This is how I make it.

Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
2 tbs teriyaki sauce (this is your salt so use what you like. I don't like salt)
1/2 cup light ranch dressing (I used about 1tbs per piece of breast)
1/4 cup 2% shredded Cheddar cheese (I just sprinkled it over the chicken a pinch at a time)
2 tbs bacon bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Place browned chicken breasts in a 8×8 inch baking dish. Cover with teriyaki sauce and dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon bits. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes (also made skinny) and a salad.

0 comments: