Friday, May 29, 2009

Grape Salad

I married into an extremely large family and we all meet once a month in order to keep in touch. I made this 2 months ago and people still talk about it. In fact, I thought that I had made too much, but it was devoured. This will be going into the permanent cookbook.

Salad Ingredients
2 lbs green seedless grapes**
2 lbs red seedless grapes**
8 ounces lowfat sour cream
8 ounces Neufatchel cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste

Topping Ingredients
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed, to taste***
1 cup crushed pecans, to taste (I may have used a little more-I'm nutty like that)

Directions
1 Wash and stem grapes and set aside to dry
2 Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla by hand until creamy
3 Stir grapes into mixture, and pour in large serving bowl
4 For topping: Combine brown sugar, and crushed pecans
5 Sprinkle over top of grapes and give it a good stir
6 Chill overnight
7 When you are ready to serve, give the salad a good stir to re-distribute the sauce

**I used a combo of red, green, and black seedless grapes**
***Original recipe called for 1 cup but I only used half and it was great***

Cross posted to Gayle's recipe swap.

1 comments:

Nicole Feliciano

What a great party dish for summer. I hope you'll consider linking up this incredible post over on Momtrends. I am hosting a Friday Feasts recipe exchange.

Here is the link:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/05/friday-feasts_29.html