Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb '10-One Word

Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the world to be that captures 2011?

My word of the year back in January was beyond. I think I have done a great job pushing myself beyond what I'm used to. I've lost 40 lbs since April 5. I took a fantastic trip to Belize where I snorkeled & worked myself through a panic attack (thanks for identifying that for me Karla). I held a very large snake so that my child could pet it. I signed up to rappel down the Wachovia building downtown next year. I bought and now faithfully wear black boots. I embraced being a soccer mom. The list could seriously go on and on.

I'm currently working on my 2011 word. I can't decide if I want it to be transcendent which means extending or lying beyond the limits of ordinary experience or if I want it to be balance because I could really use some of that as well. I still have 21 days to think about it.

I'm late by 10 days beginning these writing prompts but I'm going to try to answer as many of these as I can. You can read more about the idea here.

0 comments: