Friday, October 9, 2009

Spud Special Soup

I got this recipe from Keeper of the Home

Spud Special Soup
3 Tbsp butter
1 large onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
1 garlic clove (or more, if you like it, which I do!!)
4 cups diced potato
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes
2 cups milk ( you could also use yogurt in a pinch-I used soy milk)
(My own addition to this recipe is chopped sausage-I have used smoked and breakfast)
1/2 cup grated cheese for garnish
Put first 5 ingredients into a large pot and saute veggies until onion is soft and clear.
Add potato, chicken broth, salt, pepper and parsley (and sausage, if desired). Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer slowly until all cooked, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk at the very end, after turning off the heat (do not allow it to boil once the milk has been added).
Garnish with cheese. Serves 4-5.


Stop by Gayle's for more recipes