Friday, April 10, 2009

posting for work

Mountain Paradise Hotel
Arenal, Costa Rica

I stayed at the Mountain Paradise back in August 2008 with my husband and 2 year old and we had a fabulous time. By the time we got to our junior suite, we were exhausted and elated to find the room clean and well appointed with a large inviting bed and Jacuzzi on the verandah. From your bed you can open the curtains to reveal a spectacular view of the volcano. The bathroom was huge with a waterfall shower as well as a glass enclosed shower with some of the strongest water pressure I’ve ever experienced. As soon as we were settled in our room my little one was out on the verandah playing in the Jacuzzi. It was the perfect way to end a long day of travel.


Our second night at the hotel we moved to the Master Suite which is a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit. It has a full kitchen, a Jacuzzi in the bathroom and a “shower of power” in the master bath. I call it the shower of power because it has 10 separate shower heads and spray jets that are set up to massage your back while you shower. Instead of a Jacuzzi on your verandah, we have a plunge pool that overlooks the volcano. This unit was perfect for our family and allowed us to stay up chatting after we had put the little one to bed.


My favorite part of the hotel was the concierge, David. He was the best concierge I’ve ever had at any hotel and I quite often saw him running around with his walkie talkie or shuttling passengers on his golf cart. He always had a smile on his face and a kind word for us. My little one was in our bed unwinding right before his bedtime when he got sick. I immediately called down to the front desk and David came running to our room. We had stripped the bed before his arrival and he stayed late helping us remake the bed and bringing us whatever we needed to make us comfortable. I cannot say enough great things about him and quite often he is the reason I sell the hotel by telling people how wonderful the service is and even give them David’s name.

0 comments: