Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44

I want to write about today for my little one. Obama is walking out now and the people at the inauguration are going wild. I have never in my life experienced a rock star president. It's unbelievable to me that we have elected Obama into office. And I'm not saying this b/c he's black. He's also white. It's just that I've never felt hope before when it comes to this country and how we are viewed in the world. I've never felt passionate about politics and never thought that someone that I could be proud of would ever be in office. It seems weird to me that I have put my faith in a candidate to do great things and I know he can do it. I love the parallels between JFK and Obama and Lincoln. I love the great change that is on the horizon. I love the hope that I feel and the emotions that are running through me right now. I feel that Obama is going to be a strong leader that can rally the people and get some work done. He has a huge mess to clean up and I can't imagine the pressure that he is under. The scrutiny that he will constantly be a part of his life. The amount of hope that is riding on his shoulders. I know I couldn't do it.
It's odd for me to be so emotional. I'm pretty good and keeping it together but today is different for me. Today I feel like my vote made a difference. What I think and what I value is represented in so many ways.
Can you imagine what is going through Obama's mind right now? It's just all too surreal.

0 comments: