Friday, September 11, 2009

My week of firsts

1) First new tires and first new brakes on my newish car $807
2) First new windshield in my car thanks to a stress break $100
3) First new a/c fan for my a/c on my house $460
4) First time I wiped out my emergency fund
5) First time I've had to replenish emergency fund just so it could be wiped out again
6) First time I paid cash for all of this
7) First time I didn't have to pull out the credit card to pay for an emergency
8) First time I had to tell my child "no" b/c we didn't have the money

**Edit to #2-windshield can't be fixed b/c bolts that hold in windshield have either been stripped or not replaced properly. I am not going to have to contact Firestone to figure out what in the world is going on.**

2 comments:

Kasey Q

Emergency fund? Really good idea. Why didn't I think of it?

Heather Solos

The bad: it won't be the last time you have to tell your child no.
The good: they learn that not everything comes without work.
Hang in there and I'm glad that even though things have been rough that things are ok.