Monday, September 22, 2008

It's my time of year

Oh hello there Autumn. I've been eagerly awaiting your return. It's been 365 days since we last embraced and I've been longing for your return, arms wide open.

It seems only right that I dive right in today and welcome you with my favorite things...sitting outside and a cup of vanilla decaf chai. It's a little ritual that you and I share every year. It's our little one on one at the end of a busy day. It's the time when we just sit and enjoy each other's company. I love the silence that you bring. The neighbors go back inside and take their dogs with them. All I can hear are the leaves falling and the crickets chirping.

I can't wait for all the memories we'll build this year. I look forward to crunching leaves, the books I've fallen in love with recently, and the art projects you've inspired. We've been walking a lot more around here lately. We've been spending afternoons in the park and we've been to baby blessings. We've been running with cousins and I just can't think of a better way to greet you.

0 comments: